Spring Clean-up Set for Wednesday, May 15th!
Its Spring Clean-Up time! The City of West Burlington offers residents an opportunity to dispose of items that can not be disposed of with normal garbage collection. Please read the list of permitted items and follow the guidelines below.
Residents need to place their permitted items on the front curb no later than 7:00 A.M. on Wed., May 15th. Items placed on the curb after 7:00 A.M. will not be collected. If you have questions about this service please call City Hall at (319)752-5451 or use our live chat feature. Thank you for your cooperation.
SPRING CLEAN-UP GUIDLINES:
Please follow these simple rules when setting items out for Spring Clean-up:
1. Place all Spring Clean-Up items on the front curb no later than 7:00 A.M. on May 15, 2019 no earlier than May 8th, 2019.
2. Do not place unauthorized items at the curb. Crews will not sort through piles to find permitted items.
3. Place items at the curb no sooner than one week before collection date. Items that are not picked up must be removed within one week following the collection date to avoid a nuisance violation.
4. Separate major appliances from other items.
5. Do not stack items
6. In order to keep landfill costs down please do not put anything on the front curb that can be disposed of with your normal household garbage.
Spring Clean-Up is not available to businesses, apartment complexes or residents living outside the city limits.